Task Two: Literature Review 10% Week 6
You are required to carry out secondary research in order to explore what is already being said about your chosen issue. You must research relevant Journals, Books, Internet Publications, HCT Library Databases etc. and select at least 10 sources including 3 journalsthat relate to your chosen industry related issue or challenge. For each of your chosen sources you should write a review of between 200 and 300 words for each article. However, you also need to identify key themes in the literature and organise your review around these themes.
The Literature Review should be written in HCT report format and fully referenced using APA format. You should also submit the document to Safe Assign on Black Board Learn.
See separate rubric
Your Literature Review section provides the readers with a background to your study. It will contain three basic elements: an introduction or background information section; the body of the review containing the discussion of sources organised as themes; and, finally, a conclusion and/or recommendations section to end the paper. Everything in the Literature Review is from the secondary research you conduct. All of the materials must be referenced as per APA guidelines.
Steps in order
- Order; Decide upon the order of the paragraphs; either chronologically, thematically, or methodologically. In most instances, the literature review is organized by the research objectives that have been set out in the introduction.
- Flow; Add introductory and concluding sentences to each paragraph review.
- Finishing; at the end, you need to write an introductory and concluding paragraph to the overall Literature Review.
- Write the concluding paragraph first discussing what you have drawn from reviewing literature.
- The introduction (written second) gives a quick idea of the topic of the literature review, such as the central theme and will include your Research Statement or subject.