The research paper will be written in the first eight weeks of the course. The research paper will be the final course product and will be due the final day of the course. A 10-12 page (excluding appendices, table of contents, abstract, reference and bibliography) research paper (case study) is required. This paper represents 30% of the final course grade. You will select a high-tech company that represents innovative products/services as discussed in the course textbook.
This paper will be prepared consistent with the current APA Manual and will have a minimum of five different references. Internet searches will often take you to non-academic information resources (defined as Tier 3 Level Research) such as Wikipedia.com, Infopedia.com, Ask.com, eHOW.com, QuickMBA.com, YouTube.com, TermPaperWarehouse.com, EssayNow.com, SWOTanalysisTemplates.com, Encarta.msn.com, Infoplease.com, various Blogs, social network pages, etc. Do not use Tier 3 level research.
You are expected to use Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 level research for assignments/papers/cases.
In addition, the research paper will be prepared consistent with the following guidelines:
- This serves as an introduction to the Research Paper. Provide an overview of the research design of the paper. Introduce the various topics that will be addressed in the research paper. Identify the method(s) that will be used to collect the data for the topics and how that data will be evaluated.
- There will be a brief discussion of the business to include its principle goods and services, market share, geographic locations where it operates and major competitors.
- Evaluate the businesses technology marketing position and strategies. This will include the analysis using marketing models (e.g. 4Ps, Porters Five Forces, ServQual dimensions, SWOT, Hofstede dimensions, SQIP, Value Funnel Model, etc.). Areas of concentration should be integrated using the concepts, and terminology found in the course material (e.g. textbook, supplement textbook, publications, corporate websites, etc.).
- Analyze the use of mapping software or other technology driven tools (e.g. social media, mobility devices, e-survey designs, beacon technology, e-security, and other adoption of new technology that impact business) in successful organizations.
- The discussion should provide a brief summary of the previous sections, the findings as a result of this research, the conclusions you have reached, and your recommendations based upon your research.
- Discuss the attributes of technology innovation, product development, product orientation, and marketing mix as they relate to the technology marketing domain.
- Research and communicate strategies for improving customer satisfaction and retaining customers in aviation or non-aviation related businesses. Utilize a benchmark or other methods to support your position.
- Organize your research paper to logically flow and address all requirements. This research paper will be graded on both content and format.