Provide an example how nursing’s past affects its present and future.
Address the following topics as you begin to think about yourself as a nurse and about being a member of this profession. You may, of course, include additional topics you feel are important to your personal philosophy:
- about you: influential experiences, individuals, and/or values that influenced your thoughts and views about nursing. what led you to nursing? include your “why” here. type of learner: how do you learn/process information the best?
- professional goals. where do you see yourself in five years? 10 years?
- current social or political issues of most interest to you professionally
- Meaning of “health” and “illness” to you.
- Recipients of care: do you feel it is a right or privilege?
- Roles of professional nursing in health care, and roles that are not within nursing’s realm.
- Ideal qualifications to be a professional nurse
- Future of the profession
- Provide an example how nursing’s past affects its present and future.
- Other information you wish to include