List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress
Apply theoretical frameworks and concepts to ethical dilemmas in the advanced practice role. Demonstrate integrity through the application of relevant codes of conduct and social responsibility
within one’s profession.
1. Create an ethical legal decision-making dilemma involving an advanced practice nurse in the field of a nurse practitioner. Apply relevant codes of conduct that apply to the practice of nursing
and your chosen field.
2. Include one ethical principle and one law that could be violated and whether the violation would constitute a civil or criminal act based on facts.
3. Construct a decision that demonstrates integrity and that would prevent violation of the ethical principle and prevent the law from being violated.
4. Describe the legal principles and laws that apply to the ethical dilemma.
5. Support the legal issues with prior legal cases or state or federal statutes.
6. Analyze the differences between ethical and legal reasoning and apply an ethical-legal reasoning model in the case study to create a basis for a solution to the ethical-legal dilemma.
7. List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress in the dilemma you have presented.
8.Based on the issue you presented and the rules of the law, apply the laws to your case and come up with a conclusion.