A critical exploration of the impact of two cultures on service provision for people with learning disabilities.Order Instructions:
Overview of the assessment for the Module
Full details are included in the Module Guide and will be covered on the Introduction to the Module and in the Assignment Tutorial sessions. Please read this and the Module Guide and bring any questions you have to these sessions.
Formative assessment and feedback:
Formative feedback will be available by submitting an essay plan to Studynet and receive feedback in the form of annotated comments. No mark will be awarded for this.
2,500 (+/- 10%) word essay.
Title: A critical exploration of the impact of two cultures on service provision for people with learning disabilities.
You will be expected to identify two cultures and structure your essay to meet the module Learning Outcomes. There will be a tutorial on this during the timetabled teaching week for you to ask any questions. Below are some examples to give you some ideas:
• examination of service provision from two different countries
• examination of organisational culture in the NHS and UK private/ voluntary sector
• an examination of the influence of two religious cultures on service provision
The assignment will be marked according to the Level 5 Undergraduate Assessment and Grading Criteria (in the Module Information section on Studynet).
Learning Outcomes: Knowledge and Understanding
Successful students will typically be able to:
1. Identify the key socio-political influences on the evolution of services.
2. Analyse service and care delivery models of inclusion of people who have learning disabilities, in terms of challenges and evidence of good practice.