Identify and explain the health policy
Nurses are an integral part of the healthcare team in providing care to individuals, groups, and communities. Their wealth of knowledge of healthcare systems has been underutilized with regard to impacting the policy making process. Choose one health policy in which nurses have been actively involved.
• Identify and explain the health policy
• Discuss the health policy’s agenda and determine the policy’s stakeholders
• Determine competing agendas influencing the stakeholders and the public opinion regarding the policy
• Utilizing the MSN Essentials, examine how the master’s prepared nurse leader can participate in impacting the outcomes of the chosen health policy
• Discuss how state and federal levels affect the policy initiative