Identify and analyze two multicultural lesson plans, one SIOP and one EEI.
Address the following for each lesson plan in a 500-750-word essay:
1. Are the objectives aligned with academic standards? State how the lesson objectives support the academic standards.
2. Are the assessments aligned with the objectives? Is it explicitly clear what the students should know and be able to do by the end of the lesson? What is the evidence demonstrating mastery of knowledge and/or skills that will support the lesson objectives?
3. Are the learning experiences relevant to the objectives?
4. Is instruction differentiated? How will ELL or special needs students benefit from these lessons? Name the activities that support learning modalities, gender, or cultural groups.
5. Are there frequent and multiple ways to check for understanding during instruction? List the strategies to check for understanding. Include other strategies not in the lessons that could be utilized to further check for student understanding.
Create a brochure with two sections delineating the advantages of SIOP and EEI lesson plan formats to inform prospective teachers. Be creative.
While GCU style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using GCU documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Submit your analysis of each lesson plan format and the brochure as one deliverable to the instructor. Be sure to attach copies of the lesson plans with the assignment.