Write at three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. State your position on the topic you selected for Assignment 1.1.
2. Identify (3) three premises (reasons) from the Procon.org website that support your position and explain why you selected these specific reasons.
3. Explain your answers to the “believing” questions about the three (3) premises opposing your position from the Procon.org website.
4. Examine at least two (2) types of biases that you likely experienced as you evaluated the premises for and against your position.
5. Discuss the effects of your own enculturation or group identification that may have influenced your biases.
6. Discuss whether or not your thinking about the topic has changed after playing the “Believing Game,” even if your position on the issue has stayed the same.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA Style format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the informal fallacies, assumptions, and biases involved in manipulative appeals and abuses of language.
- Create written work utilizing the concepts of critical thinking.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in critical thinking skills and informal logic.
I wrote the first part of my. This is the feed back from myh teacher.
Thank you for submitting your first assignment on time. Great job on that!
You chose an interesting topic for your paper – and the paper was interesting to read. You also did a good job the issue of abortion. Well done!
There are a few things you could do in order to improve the paper.
First, make sure that you carefully follow the assignment’s instructions.
In your introduction, it’d be needed, first of all, to clearly present your topic, and to explain what two opposite positions are possible regarding the topic. You should identify the position that you agree with.
Tell your reader what you will be doing in the paper and then follow the plan. Tell your reader you’ll be focusing on the view that is opposite to yours, and that you’ll be discussing three best reasons that can be offered in support of that view. Carefully present and discuss those three reasons. Then, thoroughly answer the three believing game questions about each reason. (Also tell your reader what this believing game is all about.) Don’t forget to provide your in-text references (as well as the references at the end of your paper).
This is your first paper, Rebecca, so it is expected that there will be some flaws in it. Please read my comments carefully and keep them in mind so that you can make sure that your future assignments are free from similar flaws. Please also make sure to let me know if you have any questions. I do want you to succeed in this class, and together we can certainly make it happen!