Readings: See readings for unit 4
The goal of this paper is to identify the unique needs and challenges of vulnerable populations. Health disparities disproportionately affect individuals who are members of racial, ethnic, disadvantaged, minority, underserved population groups.
A copy of the grading rubric is provided for you below. It is highly recommended that you organize your paper based on the grading rubric criteria detailed below; the use of headings based on the grading rubric criteria is also strongly recommended.
When you write your paper, follow the grading guidelines. Each student is to submit a paper (no group work). The paper should be carefully written in a formal style, adhere to the most recent APA guidelines, use primary sources, provide an integration of ideas, and be 4-6 pages in length, not including the USA approved title page, appendix, and reference list.
1. Introduction paragraph
• There must be a thesis statement that tells reader purpose of paper and what will be discussed. 1/1
2. What is a health disparity?
• Describe what health disparities means to you?
• In your clinical practice have you observed health disparities first hand? 3/3
2. Why is it important for health care providers to be concerned about health disparities and the needs of vulnerable populations?
• What can DNP prepared nurse do to make a difference in the area of health disparities? 4/4
2. Is your population of interest affected by health disparities?
• Identify and report which health disparities are present in your population of interest.
• If your population of interest is not affected by health disparities, describe this as well.
3. Describe culturally appropriate strategies and interventions that you could incorporate in your health promotion-prevention proposed project.
• Include recommended standards for culturally appropriate health promotion programs.
4. Conclusions: summarize the essential points of paper (no more than one paragraph). 1/1
APA: title page, organizational headings for each section, citations, & reference list
(Primary sources are to be used for references.)
Grammar/sentence structure/flow of thought and organization of paper
Over page limit 10% deduction
Papers without these reports will be returned to the student for resubmission. Re- submitted papers will have a 10% deduction. Papers must be re-submitted within 24 hours.
All papers must be submitted to Turnitin. A PDF copy of the merged paper is to be uploaded in the assignment section of the course with the Turnitin report. You will need to plan to allow time for feedback and your originality report. A second report submitted to Turnitin can take up to 24 hours for a new originality report. Please note: Up to 20% of points will be deducted from grade for lack of scholarship.
You are clinical nurse scholars in the making. You are the APNs/DNPs and members of the highly literate profession of advanced practice nursing who will chart the future of health care. Good writing ability is as much a required skill for nurses in advanced practice as performing clinical functions. Therefore, precision and scholarship is expected in all assignments.
Content must be organized with logical progression of ideas; effort and attention to detail
is evident; all aspects of the discussion is communicated effectively; correct grammar, spelling, and word choice; liberal number of refere