Evaluate published nursing research for credibility
Week 7 Discussion: Applying and Sharing Evidence (graded)
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
• CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
• CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
• CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (PO 4 & 8)
• CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8)
• Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
o Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
o Integrate scholarly resources
o Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
o Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
• Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Application and implications for practice come from the interpretation of meaning from research findings. Communicating and using research evidence is an expectation of a BSN graduate.
• Select and describe one of the conclusions from the required article from the Week 6 assignment that you found interesting and applicable to practice. Describe how you would apply the evidence to improve nursing practice. Explain your answer.
• Discuss ways you would disseminate research-based evidence; how would you share with your peers? Include your thoughts on why it is important for you to be involved in communicating and applying nursing research evidence.