In the Chinn & Kramer (2008) reading, chapter 5, the authors discuss personal knowing and its impact on nursing theory and nursing practice. Consider professional development of nursing and apply the concepts of personal knowing on the development of nursing practice. Answer all of the following
1. What is personal knowing?
2. How does it affect nursing theory and practice?
3. How does your personal knowing affect your personal professional development?
4. What are 2 professional strengths and 2 weaknesses you have?
5. How can you apply nursing theory to address your weaknesses and further develop your strengths?
Post response no later than Thursday. Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position. Please see grading rubric for additional requirements.
Students are expected to:
1. Post an initial substantive response of 200-250 words to each question.
2. Read postings and engage in the discussion boards 4-5 days per week.
3. Respond to at least two other student’s postings with substantive comments.
Substantive comments add to the discussion and provide your fellow students with information that will enhance the learning environment.
The postings should be at least one paragraph (approximately 100 words) and include references as indicated by the instructor.
4. References and citations should conform to the APA 6th edition.
Remember: Please respect the opinions of others, even if their views differ. In other words, disagree professionally and respectfully.
Plagiarism is never acceptable – give credit when credit is due – cite your sources