Discuss ways that nursing informatics could be applied to all areas of professional nursing practice
Discuss ways that nursing informatics could be applied to all areas of professional nursing practice, including clinical practice, administration, education, and research. Provide examples of each. What do you see as the biggest significance of nursing informatics, and why?
Please use the following reference as the main resource during the discussion:
McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2018). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
- Chapter 1: Nursing Science and the Foundation of Knowledge
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Information, Information Science, and Information Systems
- Chapter 5: Ethical Applications of Informatics
- Chapter 11 The Human-Technology Interface
- Chapter 16: Patient Engagement and Connected Health
- Chapter 21: Nursing Research: Data Collection, Processing, and Analysis
- Chapter 22: Data Mining as a Research Tool