The assignment is divided into three parts:
• Part 1 is an overview of transcultural nursing theory, including the key points and characteristics of this theory.
• Part 2 is review of the literature regarding transcultural nursing theory in practice.
• Part 3 is an application of transcultural nursing theory to your chosen group and course project.
Part 1: Overview of Transcultural Nursing Theory
• Discuss Schlesinger’s trans cultural nursing theory. Frame your discussion around the idea that this theory will be the framework for your health care program plan for your chosen
• Define the key concepts, assumptions, and considerations inherent in the theory.
Part 2: Literature Review – Transcultural Nursing Theory in Practice
• Review the use of Leiningers transcultural nursing theory practice with diverse populations.
• Provide an assessment of this theory in practice that includes at least three examples from the literature.
• Identify and evaluate how others have used this theory in practice and whether you feel this was the best theory for the practice situation.
• If this theory has been previously applied to your chosen population group, review and evaluate its effectiveness. State any key points you might consider using in your course project.
Part 3: Application of Transcultural Nursing Theory to your Chosen Population
• Discuss how you would apply Leiningers transcultural nursing theory to your chosen group and course project. Chosen group is Latinos/Hispanics in US
• Describe how application of this theory in practice with this group will contribute to the design of a culturally competent health care program targeting a specific health care need
(identified in the Unit 6 assignment).
• Include any concerns or questions you may have regarding the use of this theory in this practice setting.
• Conclusion: conclude your paper with a summary of the key points in your paper.
• References: include at least seven references, at least five of which come from peer-reviewed sources.