The responses should include answering the main discussion questions, fully, including proper cites as well. If you use citations, I should be able to look it up to use for reference to understand. (USE ALL AMERICAN PUBLICATIONS, CITATIONS AND RESOURCES FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT!) The professor requires that the questions be restated and then answered for the discussion questions. If this is not done, it is his option to deduct formatting points and I could get a “0” for the work. This discussion does not require APA style. The 2 discussion questions each should be less than 2 pages long. As long as you fully answer the discussion questions we will be good. I have to copy and post to the discussion board. All work should be original with no plagiarism and in proper English grammar.
Discussion Question 1 “Strategic Approach” Please respond to the following:
- Assess Southwest Airlines strategic approach to human resource (HR) management. Determine how its strategy increases organizational effectiveness.
- Propose three ways that HR can use competitive advantage in the marketplace to recruit new applicants in general.
- A competitive advantage can only be obtained when HR aligns its practices with the organization and business unit. This begins with recruiting and continues through the life cycle of employment. As we look at supporting a competitive advantage of an organization one must first understand the labor strategies that the organization and business seeks in order to support its goals. As you know, there four (4) labor strategies: (1) loyal solider; (2) bargain laborer; (3) committed expert and (4) free agent. How does HR ensure that the talent that is recruited, selected and retained fits within the labor strategy that the organization has selected? How does HR determine that the talent gives the organization a competitive advantage from the moment of recruitment and selection? As you look at Southwest what type of labor strategy is Southwest using and does its recruitment strategy support the labor strategy?
Discussion Question 2 “Diversity” Please respond to the following:
- Go to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commissions (EEOC) Website and review cases regarding diversity. Note: Enter the Website and in the search box under “Press Releases” type “diversity”. Review three of the results of your search. Next, propose three ways that an organization can increase diversity within itself. Take a position on whether diversity is or is not important and determine how the methods you provided support your position.
- Evaluate ways that an organization can measure and reward compliance. Determine if organizations that measure and reward compliance are more or less likely to experience lawsuits.
- When we discuss diversity in an organization we generally categorize in three (3) categories, (1) EEO; (2) diversity management and (3) affirmative actions. What is the difference between the three (3)? How do you explain to the “C” suite the difference between the three (3)? Lastly, take a position on whether or not your feel that affirmative actions are still needed in today’s business environment given the presence of HR and the multitude of laws that are meant to prevent discriminatory acts.