Design a plan of nursing care strategies based on positive results
Design nursing care strategies which incorporate genetic and genomic risk factors.
You are a new graduate nurse caring for a patient that received a positive result from a genetic or genomic testing technology. Part of your role as a general nurse in genetic and genomic care is to provide accurate information, ensure appropriate patient referral, and serve as a patient advocate.
Develop a plan of care that identifies nursing strategies that incorporate genetic and genomic risk factors, three interprofessional resources, and three referral resources for a client that has a positive result from a genetic or genomic testing technology that you explain.
Your plan of care will be presented in a Word document that includes the following sections:
- Explanation a specific genetic or genomic testing technology
- Describe what positive results of the testing technology indicates
- Design a plan of nursing care strategies based on positive results
- Describe three interprofessional resources in planning care for clients with genetic and genomic needs
- Determine three resources for facilitation of genetic and genomic referrals