Assess the knowledge and skills related to nursing care of individuals experiencing acute medical health alterations
This assessment task is designed to assess the knowledge and skills related to nursing care of individuals experiencing acute medical health alterations, and the best practice in managing this exacerbation. Specific focus will be on students researching the pathophysiology of the relevant disease, the pharmacology of medications used to manage the disease, and the evidence based nursing care required to look after these patients, while supporting this information with appropriate references.
1.Please follow the instruction, case scenario and marking criteria.
2. Please use journal article AND books to be reference ONLY. APA style.
3. The references must be within 5 years and Australian.
4. Students need to answer the associated question . The assignment is to be presented in a question/answer format not as an essay (i.e. no introduction or conclusion).
** The following questions must be answered for your chosen case study **
The following questions relates to the patient within the first 24 hours:
1. Outline the causes, incidence and risk factors of the identified condition and how it can impact on the patient and family (400 words)
2. List five (5) common signs and symptoms of the identified condition; for each provide a link to the underlying pathophysiology (350 words)
a. This can be done in the form of a table – each point needs to be appropriately referenced
3. Describe two (2) common classes of drugs used for patients with the identified condition including physiological effect of each class on the body (350 words)
a. This does not mean specific drugs but rather the class that these drugs belong to.
4. Identify and explain, in order of priority the nursing care strategies you, as the registered nurse, should use within the first 24 hours post admission for this patient (500 words)