The purpose of this assignment is to: a) formulate a PICO (T)-formatted clinical question, b) identify key terms for conducting a review of the literature, c) search for relevant evidence in scholarly databases, and provide a summary of research articles to support an answer to the clinical question.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
(CO#3) Apply research principles to interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 9)
(CO#4) Analyze data from relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care. (PO 4)
(CO#5) Analyze the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials of Masters Education in Nursing. (PO 1)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 5.
Total Points Possible: 200
- Select a health-related topic applicable to your practice setting and formulate a clinical question using the PICO (T) format.
- Identify key terms that you will use to search the literature, based on the PICO (T) elements.
- Search for information on your formulated clinical question in each of these three databases: PubMed, CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature), and The Joanna Briggs Institute database.
- Present the results of the searches in the tables provided in the “Evidence-Based Practice Searchable Clinical Questions Form” found in Course Resources. Place this completed form in the Dropbox.
- From the articles you found during your database searches, choose ten scholarly peer reviewed articles that would help provide an answer or provide insight to your clinical research question and write them in an annotated bibliography format. Submit this APA 6thed format paper into the Dropbox for a Turnitin Review.
- Submit the Searchable Clinical Questions Form and your annotated bibliography paper to the Dropbox by the due date. The annotated bibliography is the only part of this assignment that you need to have the Turnitin similarity report less than 25%.