Analyze and describe issues related to the testing of cultural and linguistic minorities.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read the required textbook chapters and articles for this week.
Create a PowerPoint presentation with 16 to 20 slides (not including the title and reference slides) entitled Ethical and Professional Issues in Psychological Testing. Your presentation must provide 2 to 3 slides for each of the required topics and include appropriate citations of your referenced sources. Separate reference slides, which follow APA formatting guidelines for a References page, must be included at the end of the presentation. You must create your own template and organize your presentation in the sequence provided. Do not use a font smaller than 20 pt. You are encouraged to insert relevant figures and graphics. Make sure to appropriately cite any images you use. If you include a table or figure from a journal article, cite it according to APA guidelines. The notes section of each slide must include the text for oral comments you would make while presentating the materials to a live audience.
References must be cited according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. For assistance with creating a visually engaging and readable presentation, you may review Garr Reynolds’s tips for creating presentations.
The presentation must cover each of the following topics in the order presented below.
The Ethical and Social Implications of Testing
- Provide an overview and brief evaluation of the ethical and social implications of psychological assessment.
- Describe the responsibilities of both test publishers and test users.
Testing Individuals Representing Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
- Analyze and describe issues related to the testing of cultural and linguistic minorities.
- Explain the common sources of measurement error and how measurement error can impact reliability.
- Create a diagram or figure to compare the types of validity discussed in the textbook.
- Describe the extravalidity concerns related to testing.
- Review the articles by Fergus (2013), Kosson, et al. (2013) and Mathieu, Hare, Jones, Babiak, & Neumann (2013). Analyze the information presented in these articles on factor analysis and describe how it is used to validate the constructs of the instruments.