Computers and related digital technologies have become more and more integrated into the educational environment so that copyright and copyright protection have become significant topics with changing legal implications. I need help to address these changes as they relate to the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and the Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization (TEACH) Act of 2002.
I also need to:
- create a PowerPoint, or Prezi, presentation for this assignment.
Again, prepare a PowerPoint presentation geared toward colleagues regarding copyright issues and implications of the DMCA and TEACH Acts.
This presentation should addresses the following questions:
- What is copyright protection in the digital age and how does it affect us as educators?
- How have the DMCA and TEACH Acts affected copyright responsibilities for instructors and students?
- What does the scholarly literature say about the DMCA and TEACH Acts and their implementation in e-Learning environments?
- Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
This presentation must be supported with at least five CURRENT (within 5 or 6 years) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)